|Job Title||Agile Project Manager||Location:||Lagos, Nigeria|
|Department||Technology||Length of contract||3 years (renewable)|
|Travel Involved||As Required||Direct Report||Technology Team|
|Reports to||Co-Founders and Directors|
BudgIT is a global civic-tech organisation leading the advocacy for fiscal transparency and accountability in public finance across Africa and beyond. BudgIT uses an array of civic-tech tools to simplify the budget for the public and facilitate participatory governance and institutional engagement at the national and subnational levels for budget and institutional reforms
We are looking for an agile project management expert who will plan, manage and implement approaches, processes and procedure for BudgIT’s project management system using agile, innovative tools and methodologies. The ideal candidate will facilitate and ensure effective collaboration between the tech team and project leads to deliver cross-cultural civic-tech products/solutions, high visibility projects, and optimal platforms according to global best practices and BudgIT’s PMS ethics.
Key Working Relationships
The Agile Project Manager will work directly with the Directors, Project Leads, Communications Department and External Vendors to co-create efficient approaches for upscaling BudgIT’s products cum Project Management System and promptly consolidate resources for strategic implementation.
Develop and continuously iterate the organisation’s technology development roadmap by liaising with vital operational leaders to identify gaps and propose best in class solutions.
- Build and develop the project team to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction, and motivation
- Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments.
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that the project team adheres to project requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project life cycle, set project quality and performance standards, and assess and manage risk within and across multiple projects with internal and outsourced teams.
- Structure and manage integrated, multi-track project performance databases across all budgIT locations, that is software and digital-related, and experiential projects, with an eye on overall progress;
- Develop and maintain partnerships with outside resources—including third-party vendors and researchers;
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximise deliverable outputs;
- Report project outcomes and risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans;
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate must:
- Have 5+ years of project management experience in relevant industries
- Have hands-on experience managing web technologies and software platforms for maximum usability
- Be familiar with server-side languages such as Python, PHP and Laravel
- Be familiar with database and API technology such as REST, GRAPHQL MySQL etc.
- Be familiar with Mobile application development
- Understand product development in-depth
- Have the ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have proven success working with all levels of management
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be a professional with excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Portfolio to [email protected] using the subject line: Agile Project Manager. Application closes on June 17, 2022.