Even IT Up Nigeria Campaign
- 3 Reports designed
- 1 website launched
- 6 Tweet-meet sessions
- 100,000 literate citizens reached via media publications
- 2 radio program sessions on Inequality
- 7 Opinion pieces published
- 40 infographics designed
THE PROJECT:The Even it Up Nigeria campaign is a global campaign backed by OXFAM which focused on raising awareness about the level of Inequality in Nigeria. Relying on extensive empirical research and fieldwork, the resultant reports unearthed and explained the disparities in income, gender and livelihood in the Nigerian economy with the use of photography, infographics, offline campaigns and online engagement.
- BudgIT was able to reach over 121,000 young Nigerians directly, through online platforms at weekly intervals, using mined data and infographics to facilitate widespread comprehension of, and debate on the scale of Inequality.
- Offline, over 120,000 unique literate citizens were engaged via a serialisation of opinion pieces written by seven (7) thought experts, which was published in Premium times. The articles have also been published in a book that will be widely circulated, for further impact.
- BudgIT held a stakeholder meeting in Lagos, where CSOs met to discuss societal trends that perpetuate Inequality, ranging from multiple taxations, gender, income, education, and access to health care to unemployment in Nigeria. The organisations report that their enhanced understanding will deliver more bite to their advocacy efforts.
- Through engagements with citizens, we have been able to raise awareness on inequality with regards to the grassroots, women empowerment, youth development, the girl child and access to health care.
- In total, BudgIT has brought the prevalence of Inequality to the immediate consciousness of at least 540,000 Nigerians.